Tuesday, January 10, 2012

monday morning...daaah, daaah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah...

nope- you're not crazy- it is Tuesday and yes...I was having technical difficulties yesterday.
You know- in our old house we use to get at&t and now we can only get Charter here- blah.  At&t totally rocks.  Their employees are incredibly friendly and it even seems like they care.  Charter- blah.

Needless to say: here was my post for Monday...


So yes, I have finally graduated to the new iphone 4.  I have been carrying my old one around (loud and proud) but it was clearly time to take the next step in life.  This new one is so pretty I must find a new case.  hmmmm... which one to pick?





adorable, right?  you could even use it as a clutch- looks like it might have some room for id, card, and lipgloss.


(photo via etsy.com)





So many of these to choose from- do it yourself or buy it. 


(photo via purlbee.com)





yep- for the trendsetter.  Not only is the pattern amazing but I LOVE the neutral colors.  You know how some people say, when it doubt wear black?  Not me- I say wear a blend of neutrals. 


(photo via society6.com)




How cute!!  This was definitely a top contender for my new case...Hmmm, did I pick it?  I'll tell you at the end :)


(photo via etsy.com)




I mustache you a question?
To choose or nor to choose?  That is the question.


(photo via dannijo.com)




yep.  right on with my glitter obsession, one would have thought it would have ended with the holidays- nope.  My love has only grown stronger.


(photo via society6.com)




throw back.
yes and yes. 
Who wouldn't want their very own cassette case?
It will go perfectly with my cassette dress.  yep- that thing is just as cute.


(photo via karmaloop.com)




wait... did I just mention throwback?  I think this one tops the cake.  ahhhh, a lot of memories for this one!




press play for a good time.



(photo via etsy.com)




This one totally reminds of a little shop on prince st in soho.  I wish I were there now.



(photo via society6.com)




Yes- I love books.  This would be a great kindle case too.


heehee.




Chevron is so big right now from clothing to home decorating.  Classic with an edge. Me likey!


(photo via skinit.com)


Ready to see which one I choose?!?
drum roll, please...




ta dah.
wooden camera.
I totally love it.





Now that we are finished shopping for the day here is a little DIY inspiration.


1) start with any old thing- mine happened to be a hat with a whole lotta buttons.


2) Get a regular t-shirt.  (This is a $10 kids shirt from h&m)  The shirt was just plain.  I took the lace fabric off the hat and used fabric glue to attach to shirt.



3) closer look of the glued fabric.  I happen to just have a fabric pen at home and it was the easiest thing to use!




4) I sewed on each button individually using different color thread for each type of button.




5) close up of finished product.  Took me about 20 minutes.





Here's a pic of my little lady in the shirt. 
(This picture is taken by my very talented sister- Amy Cowles.  Check out her work- http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cowles-Imaging/133754833365008, )




No comments:

Post a Comment