Sunday, November 13, 2011

all that shines...

glitter.
yep- that's my theme this holiday season.  It's easy to get sidetracked of all the hubbub, so I've decided to shine this year (and obviously, my choice of apparel as well).  While I will be trying to teach linden lessons of "give more, spend less, worship fully, and love all" (more to come on that matter) this holiday season, I will also grant you all some very inspiring quotes.  I mean really, who doesn't need that on a Monday?!?



  With all this bling, you're gonna need some diy projects of your own!





an old boot

+

glitter and fabric glue
(I used martha stewart yellow gold glitter and a glue pen- no mess!!)


=

holiday boots!!!

Another DIY project-
take an extra top coat/clear nail polish- if it's full be sure to dump out about 1/4,
then add desired amount of glitter- shake and paint.
This way you only need 1-2 coats and not 50!!!


Here are some more favorites:







I must admit- another trend that has gotten me all glitzed inside are mens oxfords. I mean, you can't really go wrong them and Janelle Monae has proven that it can be sexy in a flat or a heel!!  I myself- prefer a bit of a heel and since they are coming in all shapes and sizes- I can't wait to spiffy up my outfits!!



In homage to Janelle, I'm also going to rock a bow tie this holiday (but I'm going to keep mine untied- although I do actually know how to tie a bow tie thanks to my lovin-bow tie-husband).  Go head girl and get yourself some oxfords- geek chic has arrived.


These are right up my alley- perfect for a girls night or family turkey day!
urbanoutfitters- $70.00

Hello fall- totally going to grab some coffee and do some mean shopping in these puppies!!         urbanoutfitters- SALE $34.99

ahhhhh- it's like the heaven's parted and pumped out these shoes.  They will totally give my glitter kick a run for the money (maybe I should just do my entire boot!!)
Nordstrom- $180.00

Yes- classic style.  Add a cute floral ribbon in place of the shoestrings and you've got yourself the cutest oxfords around!!    forever21- $24.80




remember-








Have a shiny Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment