Thursday, November 10, 2011

"faux" the love of it!

So, this week is coming to a close.  whew- one more week closer to the day of thanks.  With family gatherings soon to abound, I began to think about my outfits and how they should all come together.  Not one outfit didn't include a piece of fur or faux fur. (yes, yes... I know about all the harm done to animals and since I have found out in 2004, I have not bought a real piece of fur.  They are all strictly "vintage")  Fur is today what leather fingerless glove was for your outfit in the 80's.  It just pulls it all together.  Here are some of my favorite looks for the season. 

yes, please.  I have myself a nice black hat like this- it was so warm for those walks to the subway- hmmm...maybe now I will just wear it around the block.

(photo via hm.com)

SO cute!  You could literally pair this with ANYTHING and you have a great, refreshing holiday outfit.  I love white in the winter!!

(photo via hm.com)

ok- maybe not gloves in white (can you imagine them after just pumping gas?!?), but still...a great look!

(photo via hm.com)

cozy jacket- you can never mess up animal print with red pants.

(photo via forever21.com)

o.m.g.  look at the bunnies!!  So whimsical-

(photo via forever21.com)

"suedette" skirt- pair this sucker with cableknit tights, socks and wedge boots- ahhh... now I need somewhere to go!

(photo via forever21.com)

love the contrast of the colors- something different.

(photo via urbanoutfitters.com)

now this vest could seriously go with anything- I'm thinking chunky sweater and football game.

(photo via urbanoutfitters.com)

I love the collar!!  Just enough fur to keep it festive!  Put a striped top underneath for a more casual look.

(photo via modcloth.com)

when in doubt...accessorize.

(photo via gap.com)

there's no better combination than the 3 b's: black, brown, boots.

(photo via bcbg.com)


This weekend we are off to celebrate some very dear friends' birthdays- we always have a great time either it be in a backyard or out on the town-  here are my favorite pieces to get me through.


5 weekend necessities







1)  perfect dog walking jacket- it's the windbreaker among all windbreakers.
2)  essie nail polish in case study- go get it, case closed.
3)  yep, I just got me some clear glasses.  can not wait to wear them!
4)  rich and skinny high waist jeans- pretty much a staple in my wardrobe- I have had them forever, they never fail.
5)  j.w.hulme bags.  ever since mark and I have gotten married, he has gotten a piece of luggage from here for Christmas- best bags ever.



a little somethin, somethin....


why am I SOOOOOOOOOOO excited this year?!?

to put you in the spirit of things, you must listen to "she and him".  Ever sice Zooey Deschanel was singing on elf, I have been hooked like a tongue on a frozen flag pole.


bam.  awesomeness.


ok- here's the real deal.  Listen and love.  Have a great weekend!!







No comments:

Post a Comment