Thursday, March 22, 2012

pin it!!

At the latter part of the year in 2011, something was happening...you may have jumped on the bandwagon then or may be just catching in on the buzz now (who knows, you could be a veteran at this already!).  Once it began, it grew like wildfire putting the likes of mothers and grandmothers once again in touch with their children and grandchildren via the world wide web.
Yep.
you've guessed it- pinterest baby!!
Practically everyone and their mother is on that thing; including businesses and bloggers!


So...that brings about my new Thursday segment:

Here I will try something new each week from pinterest and let you know if it really, really works (or is as tasty as they claim- like all those "crack" recipes!).

 

pinterest payoff?


first quest:   dried strawberries 




difficulty       super, duper easy 

time               3 hours, 5 minutes- you = 5 minutes; the oven = 3 hours

taste scale     6  - I would be interested in trying it with the vinaigrette and prawns as described in the recipe- wowzers- that sounds quite scrumptious.

outcome       well, it was stated that they tasted like gummies, so I was expecting an experience like my first with peach o's.  That was simply not the case.  Tart and yummy, they were, but let's face it- nothing compares to the gumminess yumminess of a true gummy candy.  It also started to burn a bit before the 3 hours so I had to turn down my oven- didn't stop me from eating them all!!  healthy and delicious!

pass or pursue?
pursue!  do it!


Here are some of my outfit inspirations from pinterest:




{photos via chictopia.com, atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com, thismodernlifestyle.tumblr.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment