Thursday, March 29, 2012

cookie! cookie!



{pinterest payoff?}



Yesterday I embarked on the journey of making raw cookie dough bites, if you are familiar with vegan recipes than this will be no surprise to you.  They are in fact quite delicious and COMPLETELY stab the craving of, "me want cookie, me want cookie, me want cookie!!!!!!!".






difficulty:   super, duper easy.  I mean really, there's no baking- just chopping and mixing.


time:  1 hour 15 minute - you actually do 15 minutes of the work and the freezer does the hour- pretty fair trade off, huh?


outcome: delicious!  I highly suggest a dark chocolate or bittersweet, I only had milk chocolate morsels and I would rather of had it without.  (not sure why I had milk chocolate, I'm thinking they were left over from a Christmas cookie recipe...hmmmm.)  Don't be afraid to have a couple scoops before you freeze them- it's just as good!
I pulled up a stool and Linden helped made a mess :)  The nice thing was that we could eat the "dough" together- no fear of raw eggs here!!




pass or pursue?

pursue it!  great healthy alternative to the every day cookie :)


recipe by: adashofcompassion.com




If you are interested in more vegan recipes, check out:


raw: the UNcook book.
by: Juliano Brotman

There are some amazing recipes for a "raw" diet in here.
If you're ever in LA, check out his restaurant, Planet Raw, in Santa Monica- the nachos are incredible!!
(I'm probably partial to this since I can eat EVERYTHING on the menu- but seriously- even the soup (yep- not cooked!) is to die for!)




the kind diet
by: alicia silverstone

Another great cookbook to check out- this one is not as time consuming as Juliano's, so there are some easy substitutions. (Like buying your own almond milk instead of making it!!)




{raw balls}
This is a favorite recipe in my household (thanks to my mom!).  Don't expect them to last more than a day.
You eat them like candy, cause your like- "Well, they're healthy, right?  Why yes I will have 10 more.  Thank you!"

taste like yummy chocolate.






pinterest outfit inspirations

(photo via fashionsalade.com)


(photo via gabbagabbaorg.tumblr.com)


(photo via atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com)
 
 
happy thursday!
it's almost the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment