Monday, November 21, 2011

let's get this show on the road! (show meaning holiday!)

Christmas  Thanksgiving is coming, the goose turkey is getting fat....

I must admit- every year, it slowly turns into a pile of green and red in my home and like some of my friends have stated, "Oh my, it looks like Christmas threw up in here."  I secretly grin, shrug my shoulders, and save a pat on the back for later.  Success.

So, as you could probably guess- I'm hosting Thanksgiving, but it's a lot of Christmas up in here!  (Although basement is strictly Thanksgiving.)


Where or where do I put everything?

So as I told you- I will be giving out a recipe and here is the first one:

pumpkin crisp

  • 32 ounce pumpkin
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 2 sticks melted butter

Topping
  • 1 ounce cream cheese
  • 1 carton whipped topping
  • 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
  1. Mix together pumpkin, milk, sugar, cinnamon and eggs.  Pour mixture into 9X13 pan lined with wax paper
  2. crumble the dry cake mix over the pumpkin mixture.  Sprinkle with crumbled nuts, then pour melted butter over the top
  3. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.  Turn upside down onto a platter and remove wax paper.  Allow to cool thoroughly.  When cooled, cover with topping mixture and refrigerate.
  4. Enjoy!


This past weekend- we had a great family weekend.  It was my grandparents 65th wedding anniversary- what an accomplishment!  I am so proud of them, as they are both healthy and well at 87.  They have literally spent a lifetime together- unbelievable those two!

My family is from Breese, Illinois which may be one of the most quaint, little towns around.  It's really adorable and it has some really great food!!  As we feasted on pizza, fried chicken, fries, and slaw- you can't pass up one of these when you go to Clinton County! 


It tastes like an amazing blend of mountain dew and sprite but 10 x better- I'm not a soda drinker- and this I can down!

It was the obvious choice.


one last thing...
My sister happens to be the most amazing photographer.  We were able to sneak in a couple of shots and I just have to share this one.  (I can't share the rest- gotta save some for Christmas- ya know!!)

precious.





Cowles Imaging- check them out!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cowles-Imaging/133754833365008

They are wickedly awesome- her husband is as equally talented.  Based in Nashville, TN- if you're in the area, they come HIGHLY suggested!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Just read this post. :) You are one more notch higher on the fabulous scale! Who am I kidding, you made the fabulous scale. *love you*

    ReplyDelete